Over the last month and a half I have not been able to post new blogs. I have been trying to figure out what the problem was and kept hitting a brick wall. Every solution that I came up with proved to be no solution at all. I actually wrote three separate blogs thinking that everything was working fine, only to find that when I went to post the blogs they simply disappeared and all my work went down the drain. Believe it or not, I actually thought for a moment that maybe it was God not wanting me to blog about a particular topic, but after the problem persisted I quickly ruled that out. I thought it was a problem with the WordPress software or our hosting site, but after checking with our site administrator, he assured me that things were working fine for him. He suggested that I check my firewall settings, because I had recently purchased a new computer and that is when the problem started. I tried every firewall and internet setting that I could think of and nothing allowed me to fix the problem. It was very frustrating. Finally today I found out that it was simply a problem with the way Internet Explorer version 9 was handling the blogging site and so I switched back to the IE 8 interface and everything went back to normal.
For those of you who check back regularly at The River website for new blogs, I am sorry if you have been frustrated over the last month or so. I plan to get back to my regularly scheduled blogging practices moving forward. Thanks for your patience!